How Journaling Transformed my Life



“I used to get so frustrated. My anxiety would sky-rocket. I’d hit road-blocks preventing me from accomplishing anything. I’d escape it all and just numb my world, consuming time-wasting media or sleep for hours in the day. 


“Then I started journaling. I’d rant and scribble and just dump my thoughts on my page. There was something magic in it. I didn’t sit down with the calculated purpose of answering certain questions or documenting events. I was just downloading my brain, emotions, life, thoughts, frustrations into something tangible. Suddenly, my intense emotions, my anxiety, my mental blocks, were tangible. I could explore them and examine them like inspecting a shiny object. When I journal, I can see where my thinking was leading me. And chose to take a different path.”


You can’t control something you can’t see and don’t understand. When you journal, you’re organizing your thoughts (even if your journaling is chaotic and disorganized). Ask yourself questions and analyze your answers. As you dig deeper into the root beliefs that are triggering your anxiety or discouragement, you might be surprised.


One of the biggest falsehoods and the root of most anxiety is the belief “I’m not good enough.” 


Do you sometimes let this lie affect your business? Do you limit yourself and your potential? Nobody is perfect, but we are all enough. You are enough to tackle the challenge of success. Never doubt that. Journal when you do feel confident and empowered. And then in moments of doubt and frustration, you can refer back to those records. It can change how you see yourself.


Comments

Popular Posts