When Stress is a Positive Thing


One topic we haven’t mentioned related to stress management is how stress can actually be positive. Although it isn’t beneficial to remain in a state of stress for long periods, stress can motivate us to make positive changes. The difference between harmful stress and helpful stress is often as simple as awareness. When you analyze the reasons behind stress and anxiety, you give your body space to separate from the urgent feelings and your mind can focus on how to act. 

Try asking these simple questions when you are feeling stressed. You might discover something to change. 


Why do I feel stressed?

What could I do differently? 

Am I holding on to any false beliefs that cause stress? 

How do my relationships impact my stress?

How are my health habits related to my stress?

How can this stress motivate me?


While change is hard, it’s part of life. We can’t control everything, but we can always control how we think about a situation. Effective leaders practice looking at stressful situations to find solutions and opportunities. And then they ACT!


Comments

Popular Posts